STATEN ISLAND HILLBILLIES E 160
Introducing May’s “FDNY FIREHOUSE OF THE MONTH”
FDNY ENGINE 160 – Staten Island, NY
Join us we celebrate each month, one of FDNY’s many firehouses/stations that house NYC’s Bravest.
CHECK OUT SPECIAL OFFER
Did you know:
- October 1st, 1915 Engine 160 went into service equipped with a 1913 Nott 500 Gallon Per Minute Rotary 4 Cylinder combination pumper, registration number 923. The company had eleven men, commanded under the leadership of Capt. Frank P. Haley who transferred from Hook & Ladder 78, and Lt. James P. Lynch from Engine 159. Nine firemen rounded on the roster.
- Nicknamed The Hillbillies, earned by responding to the following neighborhoods: Park Hill, Grymes Hill, Emerson Hill, Todt Hill, Fox Hill, and Dongan Hills.
- The first company on Staten Island not to be organized in a former volunteer firehouse.
- During our 100 years of service, there has been many changes and additions to Engine 160. On November 7th, 1955, Brush Fire Patrol Units were established at Engines 158, 159, 160 and 162. These were temporary units that operated during weather conditions that were favorable to brush fires. They utilized spare pumpers, civil defense pumpers, or the second piece of a two piece-engine.
S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL