“The mother of all FDNY reference books” has gotten even better!
The FDNY Operational Reference, 11th edition covers engine, ladder, and rescue/squad operations; includes chief officer operations, training, and statistics; explains foam, hazmat, marine, collapse, pipeline, and airport operations; provides details of dispatch operations, alarm assignment, and radio procedures.
It also lists apparatus assignment for each company and unit; includes an overview of EMS operations and shows ambulance deployment, and much, much more!
Highlights of the 11th edition include:
- Fire runs in 2016 over 584,000; EMS topped 1,440,000 – both all-time highs
- 6800 GPM $4.7M fireboat placed in service
- Rail Liaison chiefs assigned to Metro-North and Long Island Rail control centers
- Twenty-nine EMS BLS Tactical Response units activated to reduce response times
- KME foam-capable Brush Fire Units delivered
- Seagrave Foam Tankers replaced foam carrier fleet
- Seagrave Field Comm Unit put into service
- Ferrara second pieces for Squads and Hazmat Tech Unit engines delivered
- Uniforms approved and issued for Fire Prevention inspectors
- Counter Terrorism Rescue Task Forces formed
- Statistics updated through 2016
- Publisher: James S Griffiths; 11th edition (2017)
- Size: 8 1/2″ x 11″
- 287 pages – spiral bound